By Gordon Koppang
Things I like about the Sinner Comfort:
- Good value. Large rear rack, rear suspension and 2-wheel-drive included in the base price.
- Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires, Busch & Müller “Ixon Pure” front light, three aluminum fenders, Sigma 509 computer, bottle cage and spin bell all included. The complementary rear light was junk.
- Quality components, fasteners and powdercoat.
- 80cm or 31.4 inches wide; fits through my balcony door.
- Stands completely upright on its rear rack and tires.
- High seat (Approx. 55 cm or 21.75 in.) makes for easy on and off.
- Height of rear rack makes packing groceries into cargo bag easy. No more painful stooping.
- Suspension takes the roughness out of back alleys and curb cuts.
- Permanent mounts for front and rear lights.
- Amazing traction from full-time 2-wheel-drive.
- Highly adaptable mid-drive gearing.
Things I don’t like:
- The weight! 30kg or 67 pounds! Don’t let the 6082 aluminium alloy fool you.
- Three cassette sprockets used as spacers on the rear axle (Shame!).
- Limited fore and aft adjustment for final drive chain. A tensioner is needed.
An excellent shopping trike. Definitely not a sporting trike. Think “perambulator” or “invalid carriage”. Built for Comfort not speed. Go slow and enjoy the ride.